26 January, 2011

See Busy and Overwhelmed

Yes, that is where you will find my picture in the dictionary. I haven't written on this blog for so long, it seems like writing on it now might be a little embarrassing.
Oh well, I just have to come to terms with the fact that people who can keep up blogs just have more hours in the day than I seem to. It's hard not to hide in a big hole when I read all these blogs where ladies are working AND have kids. Yowza! How do they do it all?!? I always feel a little sad when I plug into someone else's blog hoping for an update and don't see one, and here I sit with practically nothing in a year! Disgraceful!
At any rate, I don't feel like I owe the world any explanation, just wondering if this blogging situation is worth keeping.
The past year has flown past-- seems like just yesterday, I was wondering when my actual "practice" would begin. I was still getting used to Scott living in Utah again. Our adorable feline-child Chico hadn't come to the family yet. We didn't have a snowblower, and I was still minus a truck.
Perhaps as a late New Year's Resolution, I could resolve to blog at least sporatically, but frankly, I think I would be setting myself up for failure.
As an update, to anyone who may actually read this blog:
I am now the sole practitioner in my own law firm in Ogden, Utah. Scott has opened his own practice in South Ogden. We have two adorable creatures, and we bought a few of our first big-ticket furniture items since we got married.
My foot is on the mend, though I don't see myself leaping tall buildings in a single bound anytime soon. I'm still teaching primary, which I love, love, love. I have almost mastered MarioKart on the Wii (which I also love, love, love). I finally took down the broken blinds in our bedroom and replaced them with curtains.
And... drumroll, please... I've had several referrals from clients who were pleased with my work. Hooray! I never thought I'd get a recommendation as a public defender. Who knew?

2 comments:

Jeremy and Nichole said...

Oh my gosh!! You have no idea how excited I was to see a post from my friend!! :) I would love to continue this blog! Even if I do talk to you and see you pretty often :) I know exactly why you are getting referral's! Your the best!! :)
Nichole

Denise said...

I'm so excited for you Haylee! Your own practice, that is quite an accomplishment. I have no doubt you are excellent at what you do. You don't need to feel guilty about not blogging. I've taken breaks from time to time. That said I do like to hear about what's going on in your life.