08 May, 2011

Mom

My mother has always been a close confidante-- someone who I could share even the most embarassing of stories with. Growing up, she supported me in dance rehearsals and parades, pageants and first dates. She would wait up when I would come home from dates and be genuinely interested in every minute detail. I would tell her all of my secrets, and she'd support me no matter what.
Today, I'm so glad I have a mother who will stay out late with me, eat nachos and Slurpees from 7-Eleven with me, take red-eye flights with me, talk on the phone for hours with me, stay with me when I'm sick, comfort me when I'm afraid, and be completely honest with me.
Most of all though, I'm so grateful for a mother who has been my very best friend.
I love you, Mom!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Nichole said...

That was so sweet! :) Your mom is so great!! But, you are also A great daughter to her :) It is nice to have such a great relationship with your mom! :)

Denise said...

Your mom is awesome! She's such a sweetheart and you are lucky to have her.

Missy W. said...

your mom was so cool! Does she still live in cache valley?