29 July, 2009

Long overdue Maine post


Mom and I after the deadly encounter with the seagull. Yes, a seagull (big as a dog, I tell you) swooped down and stole my lunch. Then, he came back... and the little devil pooped on me! Big bully...


Mom at the Portland Head Light (one of over six lighthouses in the Portland area). We took a driving tour of the lighthouses our first day there-- there are so many-- it was beautiful!




In Plymouth, a Wampanoag (the people who were here when the Pilgrims arrived) village, and a Pilgrim village have been re-created. Here, Mom & I are shown in the court/church/fort on the Plimoth Plantation.





One of the masts of the Mayflower II-- the replica of the ship that landed here a long, long time ago.




Me in Captain Smith's quarters... hehehe.







Two of the lovely gentlemen who landed in Plymouth... several years ago, indeed. I believe Mr. Goode (on the left- Captain Smith is on the right) had a crush on Mother! (If I could express a whistling sound on a blog, I would do so here).







Mom by the Forefathers Monument in downtown Plymouth, MA.







Mom and the innkeeper in Sandwich, MA on Cape Cod. Never had so much fun-- Mom and I both decided we could live there forever!





Me making glass at Sandwich Glass Museum. Yes, I'm a girl of many talents.






Ferry ride from Portland.






Ferry trip to Peak's Island.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Nichole said...

Haylee,

You and your mom are so cute!! :) It looks like you had so much fun!

Nichole

Lindsay said...

Love your pictures, looks like so much fun!!

Denise said...

LOL! Oh man a seagull as big as a dog! I'm still chuckling over that one. I can't believe you went to Maine and didn't invite me! Not that I have the money to afford a plane ticket or a hotel...but that's beside the point, Haylee! I love Maine and have always wanted to go. I'm jealous. Thanks for posting pics.