13 February, 2009

Political Question

After years of blindly supporting a political party with whom my family has been aligned, I have come to realize that I will not and cannot agree with the platforms of the party, just because it advocates them. I am, after all, an educated, competent individual with my own knowledge and personal political and religious beliefs.
Yesterday, I really understood the reason that I no longer align myself with the party in question.
In listening to our new administration's economic plans, I came to the realization that promises made will not be fulfilled. I also sat with my mouth agape at the new stimulus plan. While I'm sure that this new plan will help some people in need, it does not appear that it will reach those with incomes in the poor or impoverished range. I wonder how it is that tax credits will help those that qualify for exemption when filing taxes. For people like myself who are categorized as middle-class and comfortable, and who usually manage to dodge Federal taxes, this "stimulus package" will be of no benefit.
I have to wonder, how will I further stimulate the economy when I receive no additional funds? How then, can people in my situation possibly think this is a good idea? Are they not using all of the tax credits and deductions available, or is their tax man challenged?
Please, discuss amongst yourselves...

No comments: