03 February, 2009

Parker's Bday- shout hooray!

Last Friday, my dear nephew Parker turned 6! I can't believe how time flies, but am so happy to see him growing into such a smart, strong, handsome boy. He cracks me up!
Scott and I decided to give him "snowboarding" for a present and took he and Nana to Snowbasin the week before.
We didn't get any pictures because it rained the whole time (I know, what a time for the angels to make it rain!), but we had ourselves a ball.
Uncle Scott gave each of us (yes, I joined in the fun as well) a right proper lesson. I only fell trying to de-board the lift the first few times, but unfortunately, I took poor Parker down with me! He's such a good sport...
We still had such a wonderful time, though. Both kids really took to it, Nana especially (I think being a little older helps). I even learned to turn both directions, and by the end of the damp and frigid day, managed to get all the way down the hill without a major wipeout!
Hopefully, this will be something Nana and Parker will really enjoy for years to come. I think it will- Savannah asked when she could come down again and get a season pass, and as we left to get dinner, Parker declared, "Aunt Haylee, this was the best birthday present EVER!"
I love those two adorable peanuts, and can't wait to "shred the nar-nar" with them again soon!

No comments: