11 March, 2009

Precious Moments

Last week, my dear mother came to stay with Bubba and I. Bubba loves his Grandma Shauna. He always behaves so politely when he stays with her and seems not to be bothered by his nervous ticks, literally jumping for joy whenever she comes to visit.
On this particular visit however, I think he brought a sentimental tear to both mine and his grandma's eyes, for when my mother attempted to get into her car on our way to dinner, my little Bubba tried to join her in her adventure, jumping and wagging his tail gleefully.
When I called him to come back into the house, he put his tail and his head down, and looked at me with his big brown puppy-dog eyes. He did not want his grandma to leave, and reluctantly walked back into the house. He is such a sweet little-big dog.
Moments like these are so precious. They make me remember how important the little things in life are. My mother still talks about it, and I hope I can remember these wonderful memories of my favorite Bubba dog forever. As a wise cousin once quoted, "Life is not measured in minutes, it is measured in moments..."

No comments: